Sunday, April 15, 2012

Dancing Cranes

 When I was gearing up I could hear the familiar sounds of calling cranes. I scanned the field below me but I couldn't spot them. I forgot about them as I rigged up and as I was walking down to the stream they scared the hell out of me as I was walking....

 They were very close to me and they didn't spook so I sat and watched as they tried to impress each other with their moves.

 They were hopping up and down flapping their wings making lots of noise.

 Once they realized I was watching they starting strutting away all the while doing their dance. Pretty cool to sit and watch all of that unfold. 

 Fishing was okay and I caught a sucker in the first hole and this handsome brown in a faster run.

 Very fat and healthy.

 He seemed to fight pretty hard diving for undercut banks. It took a while to get him in.

 There are some great fish in this small creek but they are very hard to catch. I ended up with two browns and that sucker and I consider those numbers a successful day on this stretch. 

 I noticed there was another guy following me with his two dogs. I fished for a solid half hour and as he closed the distance between us he realized he was fishing behind me. As I worked a bend he sneaked by me and started fishing a few holes up ahead of me. It must have been his first time out though because where I am from you should at the very least walk further up stream to leave some water for the guy that was already fishing. What a Dick!

 This stream does not produce well under pressure and as a result I didn't even get another bite. I called it a day and walked back to the truck.

Nice water but again very tough fishing. Glad to get out and get a good one though. The Cranes were also very cool to observe.
Thanks,

Chris Giles

No comments:

Post a Comment