Wednesday, October 10, 2012

22' Rainbow and Liv Catches Her First Fish

 Went to the cabin over the weekend.

 Mom and Dad are doing some work on their drive way and Rocco was really digging the tractor.
 Taking a walk


 Liv taking a break

 Got an opportunity to fish a private lake. Friends of our family had a BBQ get together and we brought our gear.
 Good size lake

 It was slow at first and I had a few looks. I decided to check out the inlet. I spotted a dozen small Brookies being harrassed by a massive Rainbow. I crept up and drug a streamer through his neighborhood and he attacked on the first cast. 

 10 minutes later I had him in my hands.

 22 inches on the tape! 

 Family shot minus Rocco

 These fish are very healthy. Saw a couple of Osprey's as well. It's easy to see why they are around...

 With the 22" bow in the books I turned my focus to getting Liv a fish.



 Mom helps out

 Getting used to the equipment

 Well posted

 Coco and Rocco take a stroll.

 SUCCESS!!!
 I asked her if she wanted to kiss it and she started screaming...

 Coco and Criddle get on the board.

 Liv wanted another fish so Papa Don hung out with her for a good half hour trying to catch another one.

 She hooked this one and reeled it in all on her own. Very impressed and Papa Don was in heaven!

Great day all around. Not many 2 1/2 year olds catch an 18" fish on their first fishing outing. I have a feeling she will be trying to out do herself for a long time to come. Maybe a pink fly rod is in her future...

Thanks,
Chris Giles

1 comment:

  1. What a great day! Nice pictures of the family. Breathe taking!

    ReplyDelete