Friday, October 15, 2010

10/15/2010- Provo River

I had a great afternoon on the Middle Provo and found some success on the surface with a few BWO variations and down below with a Prince Nymph. This time of year in Utah proves to be the best time to catch large numbers of trout and whitey's on all our local fisheries. With the Browns in mid-spawn and the weather still comfortable, it is very easy to let hours slip away on the water.
I feel very fortunate to call Utah my home and could not be more blessed to have such easy access to so many world class rivers. A 30-45 minute drive from my home in Salt Lake City puts me within close proximity of both the Provo and Weber Rivers, both "high yielding" streams. The notorious crowds on the middle seem to be dwindling a bit and I was able to snag a nice run with no other anglers in sight. Within 2 casts I had a beautiful little 12 inch brown on the nymph and I immediately knew that it was going to be a good afternoon. A few casts later I had a another 10-12 inch brownie smack my BWO with some serious attitude. After my second fish I could  not help but step back and take a few moments to enjoy the beautiful fall scenery. For those of you who are not familiar with this time of year in Utah, it is absolutely gorgeous. 70 degrees, not a cloud in the sky, golden, yellow, red and orange leaves covering all the trees in the area could not make for a better visual. Add some healthy spawning Brown Trout into the mix and you have what I like to call, paradise. However, the season is coming to an end and I would expect the trees to be naked and the temperatures to drop significantly over the next couple of weeks.
FISHbrain River Guides has a lot of work to do and we are looking forward to making some good headway in the upcoming months. With the website project in full swing, we are looking forward to seeing you online very soon. We appreciate everyone's support and look forward to fishing with you soon!
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment