Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Parley's Creek Bites Again

Well it was another close call on Parley's today with the big cut throat in the park.

Dalton arrived before I did and caught a few down river. He was gracious enough to leave the pool where the big one lives for me. It's become a bit of an obsession for me to land this fish.

The first cast was a little wide and he had a go at the hopper but I missed. I let him settle briefly and floated another one right over his head. Slam and he was hooked. I fought him away from his refuge and had him on for maybe 20 seconds. Dalton jumped in the river to help land him but it was not to be. He let go (as they say in Canada). Dunyon and Beez got a kick out of my primal scream after I lost the fish...

It blows my mind that such a big and healthy fish can thrive in the middle of the city like that. I estimate that he is probably 18 inches and fat as a pig.

Stay tuned for pictures when I finally land this guy (or girl).

Thanks,

Chris Giles

No comments:

Post a Comment