Sunday, October 16, 2011

21" Brown in the Uintas

 Got out on Sunday and went for a solo mission to one of my favorite spots. The hopper/dropper was on! I caught 8 Browns and 2 Cut Throats and about 6 of those were on the hopper. 

 First Brown was on the dropper...

The second fish was also on the dropper and he also measured in at 21". I threw my hopper along a deep, fast under cut bank and he hit my hopper. I saw how big he was and I tried another cast. This time he took the dropper and he took me for a ride. He jumped and rolled several times and I had to follow him down stream. When I finally got him in the net I could feel my leg was shaking a bit and I was breathing heavy. What a rush when you fight a big fish.

Being on my own I tried to snap some photos without me in them and I hope they do it justice. 

Before I released him I held him along side my rod and took a measurement. I made a little nic on my rod and when I got home I measured my rod and the fish was 21" exactly.

Here are a few shots of the fish.

 Fresh in the net

 Nice color and his under belly was pretty beat up. That's what happens when you are a big fish in a small stream...
 On the bank for a photo.

 A little perspective with my hand in the for ground...

 Pretty rugged looking Male.

 Nice kype jaw going

 More of me trying to do the fish justice.

 The release

 Last one

A look up stream. I hooked him up above that pine tree on the bend and this is where I netted him.

Great day.

Thanks,
Chris Giles

No comments:

Post a Comment