Sunday, October 16, 2011

Private Lake Near Giles Cabin


 My Parents have some good friends that own some land and lakes near the Giles cabin. My Parents called and said they were going to the lake and told me I should try to come up. My Dad said it with a little optimism in voice... Like he was really saying "You shouldn't miss an oppurtunity like this...."

He was right. What a beautiful piece of property and the Owners have done a really nice job with their lake. It has a great inlet that pushes water toward the dam. They recently re-engineered the entire lake and and it really paid off. They dug it out so there are areas that are 20 feet deep and the inlet has gravel for the fish to spawn in.

They have stocked Rainbows but there is also a self sustaining population of Brook Trout. They didn't come easy to the fly though. I had to really work at it and I ended up catching 3 big healthy Rainbows and a small Brooky.

Enjoy a few shots.

 You can tell they are healthy fish..

 Another Rainbow
Little Brooky but I saw a few big ones cruising the banks.

After fishing we enjoyed hearing stories about the property.

I hope I get to go back soon....

Thanks,
Chris Giles



1 comment:

  1. Looking good Mae! Keep those shots coming. Pull and 18 inchers out of the urban holes today? Ill be at my hole in the morning if you want to hit it up. Worm on a hook. That should be the name of your guide service. "worm on a hook flyfishing guides" Has a nice ring. Dont forget to get your clients back out for the ski season and booked up with UTAH MOUNTAIN SHUTTLE.

    ReplyDelete