Saturday, June 9, 2012

Currant Creek

 Hanging around the house on the eclipse Sunday Jon called me up."I need to go fish dry flies preferably hoppers..." "Let's go to Currant Creek... I will pick you up in 10 minutes..." I happened to of just put the kids down and Ash was cool with it so we took off..

 Some great water but it was low for late May.

 I happened to take out the camera the instant Jon hooked a big one on a stimi..

 Fought hard against this conglomerate cliff (yes I have done some climbing... and geology).


 Got him in.

 Tight casting and lots of riparian vegetation make this a hard little creek to fish.


 Jon was stoked on this one!

 Dirt road 

This creek has never been my favorite but I learned a lot as I got skunked. It happens... We watched the eclipse on the way home and stopped in Heber for Mexican food. Thanks Jon for allowing salsa in your car.

So great to get way out there and to see see lunkers are alive and well.

Thanks,
Chris Giles

No comments:

Post a Comment