Saturday, April 11, 2015

Darby The Drift Boat

Darby sits in the drive way after the long drive from Boulder Colorado.
 
 I have been lusting for a drift boat for years! After many power point presentations (Prestige Worldwide!) to Ash I finally showed her it made sense in more ways than one to pull the trigger..

 I figure the memories ahead with friends and family will be worth their weight in gold.

 We went with Boulder Boat Works out of Colorado. They are made out of a Polymer (the same material as kayaks) which means they are super light weight, durable, and virtually maintenance free. It has TWO Yeti coolers under the two fishing seats. I could go on and on, and if you are in the market you should check out a Boulder boat... My good buddy Cutty has a Dorie version made by Boulder that is  more geared towards white water and he turned me onto to this company. They build 4 boats a month and have a very good reputation.

 You know how it is when you buy something new... You want to just check out every little detail.

Ash christens Darby by saying a few words and smashing a bottle across the bow.

 Finally got out today for the maiden float up in Wyoming!!!

 The moment of impact....

 Success!!!!

 And she is wet.

 The kids checking out all the features of the new boat at the Boulder boat shop.

 Ash with a selfie!

 The kids waiting for me to run the shuttle.

The wind was fierce and that was my biggest challenge of the day. It was blowing us right into the banks no matter how hard I rowed. Wind aside it was a great maiden voyage!
Cheers!

Chris Giles

No comments:

Post a Comment