Tuesday, May 10, 2016

New Waders, Forgot The Boots At Home

 Monday we talked about getting out for an evening fish and then this blew into town... The fish would have to wait until Tuesday evening.

 One minute you are hooked up.

 The next minute the fish is off and the rig is in the tree...

 Landed this guy though!

 The session started out SLOOOOWWW. And then it turned on. I broke in my new waders but I left my boots at home. So my every day shoes had to suffice... It was awkward but it worked. Above Jon works a streamer into a log pile.

 Wrangled some really nice fish. We probably each caught a dozen or so. Changed flies a bunch of times and once we figured it out it was catching not fishing.

 I didn't think this run was deep enough but McGuinn nailed one on the first cast and this guy was on my first cast... It was a team fishing day. Taking turns pulling fish out of runs and helping each other land fish.

 I like to keep my pliers clamped onto my left nipple at all times for good luck. It's never let me down...

 Fish like these all evening.

 Another run same result. 

McGuinn sent this photo in anticipation for the summer months. If you know Jon, you know he wishes it was hopper season year round. This evening though it was under water where we had success.
I used to fish this stretch with my Dad and Brother when I was a kid. I used to fish this river 4 nights a week during college and when Ash and I were first married. Even though I can't pull that off any more it still felt sooo good to be out walking, fishing and hearing the birds chirp. Saw a bald eagle nest with chicks in it starting to test their wings. Trees starting to green and when I got home Ash had a love note waiting for me on my pillow. A few tears dropped. 
Thanks,

Chris Giles

No comments:

Post a Comment